TO ALL WALKERS POINT COMMUNITY LIBRARY MEMBERS
The WPCL is currently open on WEDNESDAYS and FRIDAYS: 12:00 noon – 3:00 pm. Check this website and the community board on Walker’s Point Road for any changes in the WPCL’s status.
The library email address is : firstname.lastname@example.org The tel no. is 705.687.9965
The WPCL is up and running, following appropriate Muskoka Lakes Township protocols! The following procedures have been put into effect. PLEASE FOLLOW ANY DIRECTIONS GIVEN: Posted instructions, directional signs and markings.
- Effective March 1st 2022 proof of vaccination is no longer required to enter the community centre.
- Anyone entering must do their own self-screening in accordance with the mask and self-screening information. Patrons will find the information on the table immediately inside the main door beside the hand sanitizer. The Township will be posting a copy on the door as well.
- Masks are still required while indoors.
- Library capacity limits are no longer defined.
- Librarians are responsible for ensuring the above protocols are followed.
- Keep 2 metres apart from another individual to practice physical distancing.
- Wear a face covering while entering the building and library, complying with the mandatory mask directive.
- Use the hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Laptop use will be available. It will be sanitized after each use.
- Patrons will have access to all items.
- Children’s items are available as well as Junior Fiction/Non-Fiction and Young Adult books. Contact the library to make possible arrangements to check out a Children’s Book Bag, leaving age and interests of the child/children. Email at email@example.com Or Call 705.687.9965
- Returned books and book bags can be left in the outside Dropbox .
- Please do not leave unrequested books or other items at the Community Centre entrance.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU, OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD, HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
CHILDREN’S BOOKS/DVD CHECK OUTS: Children are welcome to visit the collection at the library. To consider as an alternative, librarians will happily put together a Book Bag to check out, based on your child’s interests/needs and on a two week rotation. You can email or phone the library and make your requests, indicating your family/child’s name and age. Pick up times can also be indicated in the communication or a possible delivery can be discussed. These selections will be treated as normal check outs and will go on the family membership account. To email requests, use firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705. 687.9965
When you are in the catalogue, you have two choices:
-go to: Search walkerspointlibrary’s books in the upper right hand corner. Search by an item’s cataloguing date, title or by author.
-click on Your Library on the Collections line to see all the items catalogued from the most recent item and back.
2021 Fall DVDs
Video: Click to view: Unveiling the Walkers Point Military Memorial
Visit the Historic and Events Photos page to see photos of the memorial.
The Walkers Point Community Library
The Walker’s Point Community Library serves permanent and seasonal residents of Walker’s Point and its surrounding area. The library is conveniently located east of Hwy 169, in the Walker’s Point Community Centre; its address is 1074 Walker’s Point Rd (#30).
Funding is received primarily through donations from the Walker’s Point community. The WPCL Board is tremendously grateful for its ongoing and generous support which allows serving and benefiting many. Donations have traditionally been matched by the Township of Muskoka Lakes. We have also received support through grants and donations from other community groups
There is no charge for membership and access to high speed internet is available to all members.
TO MAKE A DONATION
You can support your library with an ongoing or monetary donation. The Township of Muskoka Lakes will match your donated dollars! As a donor, you will see your donation go TWICE as far in support of our Library. Donation cheques should be made payable to Township of Muskoka Lakes/Walker’s Point Library and mailed to WPCL c/o The Treasurer, 1350 Walker’s Point Road, RR2, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1R2
CHANGE TO TOWNSHIP POLICY RE: ISSUING OFFICIAL TAX RECEIPTS
Upon review of the rules issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), the Township is not permitted to issue receipts for amounts donated to other organizations which are not part of the Township Corporation. Accordingly, the policy was updated as follows:
The Township cannot facilitate a “conduit” relationship between donors and an organization which is independent of the Township. This means that the Township’s authority to issue tax receipts cannot be used to provide an unrelated organization with the ability to provide contributors with a tax benefit.
The Walker’s Point Library, as an independent organization, would fall under this definition, and thus receipts will no longer be issued for donations received by the Township for the Walker’s Point Library.
Contact the library during operating hours at 705-687-9965 or by email at email@example.com
NEW ADDITIONS TO THE LIBRARY’S COLLECTION Images of our latest books and currently released DVD’s that have been purchased by are shown on our New Additions Page – or click on the link below: